Personalized Care from Dr. Greider
We want all our new patients to feel welcome and know they will receive excellent care. Dr. Greider has more than 30 years of experience as both a general dentist and a cosmetic dentist in Cape Coral and Fort Myers, FL. Your first visit will typically last 45 minutes to an hour and will include a consultation and exam.
You will meet with Dr. Greider to discuss problems you may be having as well as any goals regarding the health or appearance of your smile. He will perform an exam and review your dental and medical history with you. This is an excellent opportunity to ask questions about how to care for or improve your smile.
The exam itself is thorough. Dr. Greider will evaluate the health of your teeth and gums using a probe and possibly an intraoral camera so that you may see it as well. Depending on the reason for your visit, we may take digital X-rays or digital impressions to yield a more comprehensive view of your oral health for our dentist in Fort Myers, FL.
Your 60-minute initial consultation will include:
- Digital X-rays, using advanced technology that’s optimized for patient safety
- Based on your individual needs, digital X-rays, Panorex, or Cone Beam
- A high-definition video tour of your entire mouth using an intraoral camera, so you truly understand what is going on
- A thorough periodontal exam, which checks all tooth-pocket depths, and crosslinks that with your X-rays to gain a more comprehensive overview of your mouth
- Oral cancer screening using the VELScope® to check for tenderness underneath the mouth and tongue
- Early tooth decay detection using the Canary System™
- Measurement of the thickness of the neck and other signs of sleep apnea
Based on our findings, we can either provide a dental cleaning, or recommend treatment options based on your individual case.
What should you bring with you?
Always bring your identification and any insurance information cards that have been issued to you. New patients will have a few forms to fill out, which include medical and dental history, and may want to jot down a list of current medications and supplements.
This information is extremely important for the diagnosis of problems as well as the selection of treatment methods. If you have been referred to our cosmetic dentist in Fort Myers, FL, and have been given X-rays, please bring them with you.
Download our New Patient Forms and complete them prior to your visit to save time!
You’ll get the care and attention you deserve including:
- Custom treatment plans
- Advanced technology
- Minimally invasive laser dentistry
- Sedation dentistry
- Affordable dentistry
- Multiple payment options